Family Innovations – Saline
200 West Michigan Avenue
Saline, MI 48176
NEW Location in Saline, Michigan!
Family Innovations is excited to announce the opening of a counseling clinic in Saline, Michigan under the direction of Becky Mesman, MA, LPC. Staff counselors are Deb Czechewicz, MA, LLPC and Cheryl Fosgate, MA LPC. Counseling services will include therapy for children and youth, families, couples and adults.
Saline, a suburb of Ann Arbor Michigan, is located 20 minutes southeast of Ann Arbor, and is only 45 minutes from Detroit Michigan. Saline is located in Washtenaw County.
The mission of Family Innovations is to provide excellence in mental health care, and to operate with values of integrity, honesty and dedication based on the Christian principles upon which the company was founded. Staff work to care for their clients, as well as each other in a manner that portrays these values.
Counselors are available to see clients either in the office, or in their home or other community setting based in insurance. Outreach Counseling – seeing children and families at their homes, Clinical Counseling – office based therapy for individuals, couples families and children, and Group Counseling – office based, school based or in another community setting, are all available through referral by a county social worker. Outreach Counseling and Clinical Counseling appointments are typically 45-50 minutes in length, while Group Counseling sessions are for 90 minutes.
Outreach Counseling is provided to children and families, referred for counseling by their county social worker or case manager. Home based counseling is provided at times convenient to families, generally after school or work, so that the entire family can participate. Family Innovations is contracted with the following counties for Outreach Counseling:
In addition to Outreach Counseling, Family Innovations therapists also provide clinical counseling at the office, located at 200 West Michigan Avenue, Saline Michigan 48176. Group counseling is available at this location and is available throughout the five counties listed above dependent on demand for group counseling services and on available space. Please call Family Innovations at 734-607-1935 for details.
Family Innovations accepts all types of insurance, both commercial/private, and Medicaid and publicly funded insurances, excluding Medicare. Fee based counseling is also available.
Insurances accepted by Family Innovations include:
- Fee for Service Medicaid
- Medicaid Health Plans (MHP):
- Aetna Better Health of Michigan
- Blue Cross Complete of Michigan
- McLaren Health Plan
- Meridian Health Plan of Michigan
- Molina Healthcare of Michigan
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Aetna Better Health of Michigan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Cigna/Health Partners
- OPTUM (UBH, UHC, Medica)
- ValueOptions/Total Health Care
Our Commitment to the Communities We Serve:
- To meet the mental health needs of those clients we have the opportunity to serve.
- To be culturally sensitive, providing mental health care that takes into account a client’s belief system, expression of faith or creed, socio economic status, upbringing, race, ethnicity, gender and orientation.
- To develop well thought out mental health goals that address the expressed desires of our clientele and meet the standards set forth in our profession.
- To work closely with the medical community and other community partners in order to provide the best outcome for our clients.
Becky completed her Master of Arts Degree in Counseling from Western Michigan University and has been licensed in the state of Minnesota since 2012. Becky is also licensed as a School Counselor for grades K-12 in the State of Minnesota since 2008. Becky is a Supervisor to Home-Based Practitioners in addition to providing Outpatient Therapy. Becky enjoys working with individuals, couples, families, and adolescents. She has a lot of experience working with young adults and adults with Relationships conflicts, Anxiety, and Depression.
Special areas of interest:
- Marital Distress, Infidelity Recovery
- Depression, Anxiety, Perfectionism
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Chronic Illness
- Life Transitions
- Sports Related Issues (Injuries, anxiety, depression, perfectionism)
- Grief and Loss
Licensure, Certifications, and Affiliations
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) #cc00442
- MN School Counselor License, K-12 #442843
- Clinical Member of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
Cheryl Fosgate - MA, LPC
Therapist – Saline
Cheryl received her Master of Art in Counseling from Spring Arbor University in 2005. She also holds a Bachelor of Art in Family Life Education (1999) and an Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (1992). She is currently licensed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and has been since 2009. Cheryl has extensive experience working with families in crisis (adults, teens and children, together and/or separately) due to a large variety of reasons such as removal of children from the parental home, drug or alcohol use/abuse, domestic violence/abuse, childhood trauma, parenting problems and everything in between. She primarily utilizes Person Centered Approach, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused and Reality Therapy but is eclectic in many ways. She is always empathetic and focused on her client’s comfort level and sense of security.
- Becky Mesman, MA, LPC
- Cheryl Fosgate, MA, LPC