LaTonya A. FakirMA
LaTonya received her Master of Arts Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Graduate School, and also received a Master of Arts Degree in Theological Studies from Luther Seminary. She’s had training in African, Modern and Liturgical Dance with some training in Tap. LaTonya is currently the Founder and Artist Director of Creative Movement Theatrical Arts.
LaTonya enjoys working with individuals, couples, families and adolescents and has experience in working with individuals and families that are affected by traumatic events. She utilizes a holistic approach to therapy, incorporating mind, body, and soul care. Although LaTonya works with clients on a variety of issues.
Special Areas of Interest:
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Marital Distress, Infidelity Recovery & Spiritual Relationship Growth
Affiliations & Evidence Based Specialties
- Member: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member: Minnesota Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Prepare & Enrich Certified
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Intensive Treatment in Foster Care (ITFC)