Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Carol C. FollingstadPsy.D., L.P.
Dr. Follingstad completed her Doctor of Clinical Psychology Degree at Argosy University; Specialist Degree in School Psychology at Moorhead State University; and her Master of Arts and Bachelor Degree in Psychology from Moorhead State University. She is licensed through the state of Minnesota as a clinical psychologist.
Dr. Follingstad enjoys working with children, adolescents, adults, and seniors and has extensive experience in working with individuals affected by traumatic events. She utilizes a psychodynamic approach to therapy, incorporating CBT, narrative therapy, and EMFT methods. Although Dr. Follingstad works with clients on a variety of issues.
Special Areas of Interest:
- PTSD, Abuse, Incest
- Anxiety/Depression/Postpartum Depression
- Dissociative Identity Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Cognitive Assessments, Learning Disabilities
- Anger Management
Licensure, Certifications, Affiliations & Evidence Based Specialties
- MN Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LP4052)
- LP State Approved Supervisor
- Member American Psychological Association (APA)
- Member Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA)
- Member Missouri Psychological Association (MOPA)
- Member Association for the Advancement of Psychology (AFAP)
- Member National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)
- Basic Training EMDR Therapist
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT)
Dr. Follingstad has more than 20 years of experience working and living in Minnesota communities that included a mix of ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, and etiologies. She understands that everyone is unique, so she works to ensure that every voice is heard. She will provide a safe place for you to open up and share your story. Then together, you can build a strong and stable therapeutic relationship that will empower you to heal and move forward in your life.