Our TherapistsGet to Know Any of Our Professional Therapists Better
Amber JensenMA, LPCC
I completed my undergraduate degree at Augsburg University and went on to obtain my Master’s degree at Bethel University. I am licensed through the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor.
As a mental health therapist, I work with clients who want to find meaning, identity, and discover a new life worth living. Each of us has the ability to recognize our strengths and use them as a strong foundation for recovery and change. I believe therapy is most effective within a caring and non-judgmental environment, and building a strong therapeutic relationship is a key component to recovery and change.
I have worked with adolescents, adults, and family members navigate the complexities and difficulties associated addiction, substance abuse, and eating disorders. Other areas of therapy include anxiety, depression, OCD, body image issues, mindfulness, nutrition, athletes, self-identity, and other co-occurring mental health disorders.
I use an integrative therapeutic approach utilizing Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, solution-focused, strengths-based techniques, and Family-Based Therapy.
I work with clients on a variety of issues, however more specific areas of interest are:
- Eating disorders and other distorted eating concerns
- Substance use and addiction
- Suicidal ideations and self-inflicted injury
- Harm reduction
- Life Transitions
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Relationship issues
Licensure, Certifications, Affiliations & Evidence-Based Specialties
- MN Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor #1499
- LPCC/LPC Approved Supervisor
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Family-Based Therapy (FBT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Member of American Board of Professional Psychology